Re: parking lots and predominantly female cohousing communities
From: Fred H Olson WB0YQM (fholsonmaroon.tc.umn.edu)
Date: Fri, 21 Apr 95 13:09 CDT
Peter Starr STARTRAK [at] REDWOOD.NORTHCOAST.COM
is the author of the message below but due
to a listserv problem it was posted by the COHOUSING-L sysop (Fred).
****************  FORWARDED MESSAGE FOLLOWS *********************

>How have other groups dealt with parking?
>Specifically, do other communities have assigned parking spaces which
>"belong" to each unit or not?

Hi Wynne,

Here at Marsh Commons, we have a small piece of land that isn't big enough
for a single, central lot. The city won't allow us to park on the street.
So are being forced to put parking spaces on the street-side of our houses.
To compensate for the loss of "funneling" commuters through the common house
on their way home, we have gone out of our way to design a pedestrian walk
or esplanade that tightly connects each of the houses and the common house.

>We were wondering what
>the makeup of other similar communities is?

We have 3 single women, 3 single men, one with a newborn and one who just
turned 80 and three married couples, two with children.

We too, have several openings.  Two houses and one half of a duplex.

We're going to have a web page soon.  I'll be posting the address.

Peter
           Starr Track
We Track the Natural Products industry
  Peter Starr___________Sara Starr