Mixed Income/Low Income Co-Housing Communities
From: Fred H Olson WB0YQM (fholsonmaroon.tc.umn.edu)
Date: Mon, 8 May 95 14:53 CDT
Wellington Avenue Local Development Organization  <WALDO [at] ais.net>
is the author of the message below but due to their not being subscribers
to Cohosusing-L it was posted by the COHOUSING-L sysop (Fred).
   Despite their request for "direct responses" I'd like to see this topic
discussed on the list.  You could post to the list AND send them a copy.
I have written to them encouraging them to subscribe.
Fred

****************  FORWARDED MESSAGE  FOLLOWS *********************

Seeking information regarding the successful development of  CoHousing
Communities involving low-income participants, particularly in an urban
context.  Interested in seeking creative ways to finance mixed/low-income
CoHousing, utilizing government subsidies, etc. and in discovering what is
happening in other cities in this area.

WALDO is a not-for-profit organization which partners with community
groups in low income areas to develop real estate (residential and
commercial) and to create jobs. WALDO received a CDBG (Community Development
Block Grant) from the City of Chicago to explore mixed/low-income CoHousing
opportunities.  We are in touch with the national and Chicago-based
CoHousing groups, but have found other intentional "communities" developing
outside this organizational context.

WALDO would appreciate direct responses to our inquiry and/or being
included in conversations with others concerning mixed/low-income
urban-based CoHousing  developments.