Poison Ivy
From: Cindy Hale (chalesage.nrri.umn.edu)
Date: Tue, 9 May 95 09:35 CDT
Another couple products you might find of interest to protect you from the
effects of the ivy are "Ivy Shield" and "Tech-Nu".  The first is a cream
you put on before exposure and wash off afterwards and it helps prevent
contact of the toxins with your skin.  Whereing it under protective
clothing is even a better idea.  The second product is a wash that removes
the oils after exposure. It works very well.  I am VERY sensitive to both
P. ivy and P. oak and it has helped me a lot.  As a field biologist I
often find myself in situations where I have to wade thru the stuff in
pursuit of a given critter or to do particular sampling.  More often than
not with these products I can avert or minimize reactions.

I don't have the detailed product info with me now but if you would like
it let me know and I will get it to you.
Cindy Hale
Natural Resources Research Institute
Duluth, MN
chale [at] sage.nrri.umn.edu