Multi-level cohousing
From: Joaniblank (Joaniblankaol.com)
Date: Mon, 15 May 95 22:10 CDT
You said it, Diane, "you interact more with your neighbors when you are on
the stree". Two story units with porches is fine, but I'd opt for adjacent
narrow two story units any day over wider units, with some being entirely on
the second floor. Also if a few units are entirely on the second (or third )
that would be okay. I just think that as many as possible should have their
kitchens and front doors opening on the ground level. If at all possible, the
view out the kitchen windows should be into the common outdoor space, and
ideally the common house (at least a portion of it) should be visible from
just outside every front door.

Joani