kitchen extractor fans
From: IAN_HIG (IAN_HIGantdiv.gov.au)
Date: Tue, 6 Jun 1995 16:09:03 +1000 (EST)
The kitchen will be installed in the Cascade Cohousing common house
next week and a couple of us are thinking about what sort of extractor
fan/range hood we need.  We will be installing a four burner commercial
gas stove, and do not intend to cook meat (other than fish) in the
common house.  A commercial range hood (that is 400 mm wider than the
stove to allow for a seperate burner or deep fryer in the future) will
cost us at least $1600.  We could by a reasonable quality domestic
one for about $400 dollars.  The council class us as a domestic building
and as far as I know there are no building code requirements dictating
the extractor capacity.

So my question is, should we spend an extra $1200 on a commercial
range hood/extractor ??

I would appreciate the comments of anyone with experience or ideas
on this matter.

Ian Higginbottom
Cascade Cohousing
Tasmania, Australia