Re: Retrofit cohousing
From: Harry Pasternak (Harry_Pasternaktvo.org)
Date: 07 Jun 1995 00:55:22 GMT
Eric
Unless you can create the criteria, that I posted recently, for a "good
neighborhood" within the building--the private, semi-private, public spaces
as well as the "edge"--the "force" will not be with you and your
neighbors--unless you can change the halls and turn them into "streets".
Are you doing this for money or as a volunteer?
Both Jan Gehl and Canada Housing and Mortgage Corporation have studied this
issue.
Harry Pasternak
Unpaid Volunteer For D.I.Y.'s Who Need Info On Designing and Building
Affordable,Frugal Supportive Neighborhoods, Who Works At:
Thousand Islands Institute
The Independent Centre For Housing Research & Education
(Harry_Pasternak [at] tvo.org)

- via BulkRate 2.0