Re: Re: group formation and affordability
From: Harry Pasternak (Harry_Pasternaktvo.org)
Date: 08 Jun 1995 05:36:49 GMT
Susan

One approach to affordability is to build "Grow Homes"--they are about 7000
Grow Homes up so far--I did some research, two years ago, in Montreal where
it all started, the above average quality houses went for $70,000 Canadian
(that's $54,000 USA funds) including land (the builder's profit is $10,000
Canadian per unit).

Contact the two "horses" on the subject--there has been some backscatter and
misinformation spread in the media and reguritated here in this forum
recently--the originators (the horses) of the Grow Home approach is Leo
Marcotte (construction) 514 642-4484 and Avi Friedman at the school of
architecture at McGill 514 398-6700.

Harry Pasternak
Unpaid Volunteer For D.I.Y.'s Who Need Info On Designing and Building
Affordable,Frugal Supportive Neighborhoods, Who Works At:
Thousand Islands Institute
The Independent Centre For Housing Research & Education
(Harry_Pasternak [at] tvo.org)

- via BulkRate 2.0