A contradiction?
From: John Gear (catalystpacifier.com)
Date: Sat, 17 Jun 95 13:54 CDT
>Worst thing about community: We are all too busy with our professional lives
 ^^^^^^^^^^^
>and  socialize infrequently.
      ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
>If I was in charge, I would:  Have more potluck dinners, more celebrations,
    ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
>and  get every household on-line.
      ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Seems like a contradiction there to me.  As Sparky the Wonder Penguin says
"Actually, you're just sitting on your butt in front of a computer."

Just a thought--I'm not at all convinced that we will have greater
connection to each other just by virtue of being able to connect in
cyberspace.  In fact, I'm starting to think the opposite is true.  Each
technology has its demands the the demands of this one seem particularly
hard on community.
John Gear (catalyst [at] pacifier.com)

The Bill of Rights--The Original Contract with America
Accept no substitutes.  Beware of imitations.  Insist on the genuine articles.