Portlandia (Portland, OR) Seeking New Members
From: John Gear (catalystpacifier.com)
Date: Thu, 22 Jun 95 11:31 CDT
Data point on costs:

Just this week we got a postcard soliciting members-to-be from the
in-formation coho group called "Portlandia" in Portland, OR.  It said that
they were looking to find a site "1-6 miles from downtown" and build at not
more than $100 per square foot of privately-owned space and that they hoped
to move in by Jan 1, 1997.

If anyone is real interested and sends me e-mail I'll try to dig up their
phone numbers and send them to you.

On marketing:

The postcard was effective and probably very affordable.  I'm sure they got
our name from a list we signed at a presentation we attended here (put on by
one of the authors of the coho book). It emphasized children welcome and
said that they had X many families already involved with Y many children
under 12.

I don't think I've ever noted a Portlandia member on this list but if
there's a Portlandia lurker here perhaps you could add more.
John Gear (catalyst [at] pacifier.com)

The Bill of Rights--The Original Contract with America
Accept no substitutes.  Beware of imitations.  Insist on the genuine articles.