Re: Re: Front Porches
From: Rob Sandelin (robsanmicrosoft.com)
Date: Wed, 2 Aug 95 08:22:41 PDT
 Harry Pasternak  asked:

Eventually, the North American auto designers and makers were forced to
design and make the quality cars that consumers wanted. Will it also take the
Japanese house manufacturers to teach North American architects and
developers how to do it?

Nope. Thats our job.  We are already having some success.  I have
gotten a bakers dozen calls from Architects who anxiously want to do a
cohousing project.  Why?  Cohousing is THE cool thing to have on your
resume as an upwardly mobile architect these days I guess.  In another
ten years or so there will be a couple hundred, maybe more cohousing
communities.  We will prove to the rest of America, what those select
and fortunate few of us who live it now know -  Cohousing is an
enourmously better way to live.  And people will want it.  I'm going to
be there, evangalizing away.  Maybe I'll even be writing the TV ads.

Rob Sandelin
Sharingwood