Re: Cohousing Alternative Descriptors?
From: Joaniblank (Joaniblankaol.com)
Date: Mon, 7 Aug 1995 04:18:28 -0400
"CoHousing" is a perfectly fine name. Used to be, I wanted a sentence or two
quick and easy definition or a one or two word synonym. Now, I see every
inquiry about what cohousing is as an opportunity to talk about what
differentiates us from other kinds of neighborhoods or intentional
communities. I almost invariably hear that some kind of cohousing community
would fit the community needs and desires of the inquirer with whom I am
speaking. It doesn't take long to dissuade those who have to be told that we
are not communists or communards, nor to explain how we manage common meals
or are involved with the planning of the community from the earliest stages.
 It feels really okay to me also to define us by what we are not.

Joani
I agree with Pablo!