RE: Cohousing --->funding other projects with donations
From: David B. Neeley (dneeleyccsi.com)
Date: Wed, 9 Aug 1995 13:27:19 -0500
>>What if each coho group would budget say, $10,000 out of it's construction
fund to put in a fund that would be granted to a neighborhood somewhere?...
>  I can't even get Sharingwood to fund membership in the FIC, I could
>not imagine my group ever agreeing to give 10 grand to some other
>neighborhood project in some city somewhere.

As a newcomer to the newsgroup, I've been intrigued by some of the message
threads.IMHO, many who live or who want to live in cohousing, co-ops, or
other "alternative" homes are largely those who follow Thoreau's advice...to
live deliberately.

Most, however, don't.

Therefore, perhaps the most effective technique is to build economically
sensible, human-scale homes and let the success of those efforts speak by
example to others. As people see the results, there will be many who want
the same benefits themselves.

Besides, there are plenty of us out here who are waiting to see the
practicality of the notion within our context. There are more folks than
you'd imagine with the same longing for a more sane life looking for a way
out, but possibly not as far along as many of you. As you succeed, you'll
influence countless others.

Actions, in the end, really do speak louder than words. :-)