RE: RE: Cohousing --->funding other projects with donations
From: Rob Sandelin (Exchange) (Robsanmicrosoft.com)
Date: Thu, 10 Aug 1995 19:52:41 -0500
I once knew of a coop house where everyone pooled the difference between =
what they were paying in costs living together and what it had cost them =
to live before.  They, a group of five families, saved $2K a month, in a =
couple years they had also sold off a bunch of excess stuff which they =
didn't need living together (6 cars for example) and later bought a =
bigger house, which they paid off in 3 years.  Their agreement was =
simple:  If you left you got 1/5th of the monthly funds -eventually, and =
whatever your personal gear you sold you got the money from.  1 couple =
did leave, another joined, buying in at the price of the leaving couples =
due.

They were originally planning to to live on a farm, but stayed in town =
and as far as I know, they are still living together, out in Applegate, =
OR.

At Sharingwood I benefited twice during my constuction project from =
personal loans from other members and we are all loaning the money to =
construct our commonhouse.

Rob Sandelin
Sharingwood