Re: Sustainable ag and cohousing
From: Shava Nerad (shavanetwork-services.uoregon.edu)
Date: Mon, 28 Aug 1995 17:32:01 -0500
Our coho group has been toying with the idea of establishing a model
appropriate technology community, with solar etc., and sustainable ag
*for our community* on the site.  Hasn't anyone else done this?  It seems
like an obvious extension of some of the ideas of intentionality.

By making this a model community which demonstrates ag practices and
teaches workshops and such on appropriate tech for rural living, we are
also hoping to frame the community in such a way that we will fulfill
land use requirements.  We're thinking of looking for a cohort from
Aprovecho or one of the existing communities in this area into sustainable
ag to come help us out and possibly join the community.

Our current brainstorming seems to be pointing us toward a core business
(since we are framing a very intentional community! ;) of environmental
law/information dissemination, centered on the Internet, with a no{n-,t-
for-}profit educational mission.

Shava Nerad
shava [at] ns.uoregon.edu