Re: Communication: macro- & micro-skills.
From: Dave Crawford (davecsonic.net)
Date: Fri, 20 Oct 1995 09:31:40 -0500
Responding to 19 Oct post of Christina_Hilliard-LCH005 [at] email.mot.com. On
Subject: Communication: macro- & micro-skills

Christina and all:

Christina, that was a refreshing, bright, and useful post.  Thanks.

> Topic 2:  WIDESPREAD PALATABILITY VS. WIDE-OPEN SPIRITUALITY
.. fellow withdrew from a cohousing group because he found so many
people trying to undo/fix
dysfunctional pasts, by following a [Utopic?] community vision.
<

Unfortunate. You mean Utopian?  Or maybe the fellow felt ectopic!

> I too am very leery of that energy source...  I stick to things like:
   - Neighborhood safety, socializing, comforts,
   - Plain 'n practical benefits like group snow-blower

In fact the whole Sufi dancing thread ...  is making me cringe, because
I can practically hear the "prospects" un-subscribing in response.
<

And not just prospects will be taking a second look: I spelled out the i
issue how little consent is being sought of the congregation on October 15.
And the count for the word consent or consensus remains at 1, for all
the pro-spirituality posts.

> Topic 3:  LONG QUOTATIONS
When following up on a post, please cite only *key* words or phrases

>...  AND use indents.... and spacing to organize your remarks.  Do *you* read
>the triple-screenful
paragraphs from start to finish??
<

> Enjoying this list, as ever,