Common house design
From: James Kalin (jfkalinlanminds.com)
Date: Mon, 23 Oct 1995 15:13:42 -0500
Howdy:

The noise issue got me thinking about what else i've noticed about the
cohousing common houses i've visited over the past few years

All the common houses i've seen have been merely adequate to downright
terrible in their overall design.

For example, too noisy.  Cold and drafty in winter, and overheated on sunny
days.

Granted, money runs out and compromises must be made.  But good design,
particularly in relation to noise and room temp comfort, does NOT need to
cost more than bad design, and in fact can cost substantially less.

What can we do as a network of savvy cohousers to help each other do great
common house designs?