Dinner clubs and forming a new group
From: Rob Sandelin (Exchange) (Robsanmicrosoft.com)
Date: Tue, 24 Oct 1995 15:06:49 -0500
Bruce Koeller wrote about the difference between potlucks and dinner =
clubs.  I know that the simple living movement in Seattle has spawned =
quite a few dinner clubs, from folks who are largely strangers when they =
start.  I have friends who do virtual cohousing via a dinner club and =
other group activities together.  The primary problem I have heard about =
dinner clubs is that they often are so popular they outgrow everyones =
house!  Boy, if I were forming a new group, I would sure do a whole =
bunch of stuff together besides just business meetings. Stuff like =
talking circles to share some of your personal history, dinner clubs, =
kids collectives, tool sheets for sharing tools, magazine subscription =
sharing, etc.  Community should be forming as the group does, not =
something you "get to" once you move into your project.

Rob Sandelin
Sharingwood