Re: Retrofit Cohousing -- common dining
From: Stuart Staniford-Chen (staniforcs.ucdavis.edu)
Date: Tue, 24 Oct 1995 17:51:58 -0500
Fred Olson writes:

>    An intermediate step in retrofit cohousing that
> seems likely is to take turns cooking in individual homes
> but bring the prepared food to a temporary common space to eat it.  We

N St went through a progression of, if I have it straight,

1. Potlucks in peoples houses
2. Community meals rotating through peoples houses
3. Community meals cooked in peoples houses but served in a common garage
        (unconverted - we called it the Third World Dining room)
4. Community meals cooked and served in our newly converted common house.

Stuart
Stuart Staniford-Chen           |       Dept of Computer Science
stanifor [at] cs.ucdavis.edu            |       UC Davis, Davis, CA 95616
(916) 754-8742  - work          |               and
(916) 756-8697  - home          |       N St. Cohousing Community
Home page is http://seclab.cs.ucdavis.edu/~stanifor/