Re: early years/alternative model
From: JPCOACH (JPCOACHaol.com)
Date: Fri, 27 Oct 1995 08:06:20 -0500

>My thought is that in such places maybe the thing to do is to find a
>neighborhood that's appealing in terms of look and other residents and
>all the other things that would draw you to live there (and establish if
>it were possible) a real traditional coho community, even if it were not
>built from scratch.  Then, instead of finding contiguous properties and a
>common house, say in a circle or such, form a tight coho group and each
>family unit purchase separate properties on several (if in the city and
>that's what I'm thinking) streets nearby each other (or, if possible, one
>street).  If there is enough $s buy one for a common house.
>
>And stick together re dinners, meetings, group purchases, and all the rest.
>
>I offer this because it could (I think--no vast or really any experience
>except life in regular neighborhoods) even draw in other like-minded folks.
>
>I have in mind several very "neighborhoody" areas in Phila.  Places where
>the sort of people who tend to be drawn (now) to coho already live.
>
>Don't tar and feather me please.

AU CONTRAIRE....THANK YOU  Worshipping an orthodox approach to co-housing is
worshipping a false idol..... the benefit of having an orthodox model is, in
a way, to give us all a way to share an experiment in living and the
development of the human race....  I hope we never forget that this whole
movement is at its root an expression of commitment to what is possible for
human beings and our living together and with our environment in harmony and
joy.  There will almost certainly be all kinds of wonderful adaptations to co
housing that serve that purpose.

Jay Perry
Liberty Village
(201) 762-2276