Re: Seniors in Cohousing?
From: Willie Schreurs (williefortnet.org)
Date: Mon, 30 Oct 1995 22:08:07 -0600

On Mon, 30 Oct 1995, Mark Harris wrote:

> Is there anyone here who can speak to the representation of
> seniors in U.S. cohousing communities. Are there many resident
> seniors? The cohousing concept seems to have much to offer
> seniors -- as it does all of us -- but is there any evidence that
> they are attracted to it?

        In Greyrock, out of the 24 households who've joined so far there
are four who could be classed as seniors, two beyond retirement age, and
another two approaching retirement.  I agree that cohousing has much to
offer seniors; I'd also like to say that seniors have much to offer to
cohousing groups.

  /\                     Willie Schreurs                      /\
 //\\  <willie [at] FortNet.org> or <71500.2232 [at] compuserve.com>   //\\
///\\\   Future Home: Greyrock Commons, Fort Collins, CO    ///\\\