Common House ventilation systems
From: Fred H Olson WB0YQM (fholsonmaroon.tc.umn.edu)
Date: Tue, 31 Oct 1995 08:40:44 -0600
Jay Jacobson  jsj1 [at] cornell.edu
is the author of the message below but due
to a listserv problem it was posted by the COHOUSING-L sysop (Fred).
****************  FORWARDED MESSAGE FOLLOWS *********************

Hi.  We (EcoVillage at Ithaca) have started infrastructure development and
are finalizing our plans for heating/ventilation systems.  We'll have
radiant floor heating for winter but the question is how to avoid
overheating in summer when there's a lot of window area.  We plan on using
vegetation for cooling but our consultant still predicts overheating.  Any
advice on cooling for the dog days of summer when even opening windows
doesn't help much?  Has anyone designed a ventilation system for exhausting
heat overnight and drawing in cooler air?

Jay Jacobson  jsj1 [at] cornell.edu