New cohousing book
From: carroll (carrollxs4all.nl)
Date: Wed, 1 Nov 1995 11:11:11 -0600
> This little exchange reminds me once more that it is getting to be time for
> someone to publish a new book (or series of books)(does anyone remember
> books?) about cohousing. I imagine that it would include the best of
> articles from the Journal, some edited discussions from this list,
> bibliography of masters' and doctoral theses, interviews with people living
> in various built communities; in short, an anthology of selected helpful
> stuff about cohousing in the mid-to-late nineties (mostly) in North America.

I agree with you completely.  I'm brand new to this concept and
to this list but I'm a writer and charged up by the ideas of
cohousing.  My opinion of "The Book" is that it is an excellent
nuts-and-bolts approach covering all the basics in a straight forward manner.
BUT, I think there is plenty of room for a book that is more
inspirational in nature, one that includes the practical considerations
but also leaves the reader with a new philosophical outlook.

Everyone I talk to about the cohousing concept seems excited by its
possibilities but I know that all of them will not end up in a cohousing
community.  Never-the-less I continue to talk about it because I think
the ideals involved are healthy and necessary for our ailing society and
I believe that the repercussions of informed discussion are beneficial to
everyone.

I would be very interested in hearing (reading that is) what you envision
in a new book.  The time is ripe, I think.

Looking forward to your reply.

Cheers,
Donna Carroll
carroll [at] xs4all.nl