Re: COHOUSING-L digest 668
From: Chris M Williams (cwproecoworld.std.com)
Date: Wed, 1 Nov 1995 11:12:44 -0600
More on flyer distribution:

In addition to the places David listed, I would suggest childcare
centers, schools, healthfood stores, Sr. Centers, city offices, car
tune-up and repair places (where people are always looking for
interesting reading material while they wait), libraries (some library
networks will distribute your fliers to all branches for free!), coffee
houses,  and drycleaners.  For the more adventurous, outdoor flyering on
telephone poles on a friday afternoon in commercial/pedestrian areas
makes a statement!

To find companies that will do the distribution for you, go to the
healthfood store and pick up a couple of the free new age magazines and
free real estate magazines and call the circulation office and ask them
who does it for them, how much they pay, and whether or not they do a
good job. We pay between $1-2/location, the company we hired was able to
provide a list of thousands of locations from which we could choose.

Don't expect immediate results. If you are doing it monthly, wait until
the second month to guage any results, people can sit on them for a long
time. Someone called me about meetings coming up in December that I
haden't heard about, then I realized he was looking at last year's flyer!

Good Luck,

Chris @ The Cohousing Center