Re: flash water heaters
From: spintus (spintusHULAW1.HARVARD.EDU)
Date: Tue, 14 Nov 1995 11:50:46 -0600
I only have indirect experience...my aunt and uncle in Vermont used to
have one.  So that indicates that they can be found in the US and must
meet some sort of building code.  Their experience was that the heater
was installed in the kitchen, with no outdoor outlet.  Apparently, this
was NOT according to code, but as I understand it, it was the
installation that didn't meet code, not the heater.  My aunt had problems
with it during my uncle's final illness, and the final decision was to
replace it with a conventional heater because the plumber could not fix
something that didn't meet code, and there was no way to vent it given
its location.

Susan Pintus