Re: cohousing v. other uses of your energy
From: DPFarber (DPFarberaol.com)
Date: Wed, 29 Nov 1995 19:19:05 -0600
I'm a lurker too, Elizabeth.  Though I am in a group, in its formative
stages, which is working toward development of a community.

My sense of these questions of limitations of time is that participation in
cohousing and in one's greater community tends not to be a zero sum affair.
 That is, generally cohousing type people tend to value social matters more
than average and tend to participate more than the average person.  Sort of a
community begats community kind of  thing. And if people find success in
community (e.g. cohousing) they tend to reward that success by making other
plunges into community building.

How's that for a hypothesis?

Good luck with your studies.

Daniel