Re: Common House Design
From: Fred H Olson WB0YQM (fholsonmaroon.tc.umn.edu)
Date: Sat, 2 Dec 1995 23:00:57 -0600
Joani Blank  JEBLANK [at] HOOKED.NET
is the author of the message below but due
to a listserv problem it was posted by the COHOUSING-L sysop (Fred).
****************  FORWARDED MESSAGE FOLLOWS *********************

No Paul, MOST commonhouses do not have sewing rooms or crafts rooms or
reading rooms. Almost all do have at least one kids' rooms, and I believe
all of those kids' rooms are indeed very well used! I wager that anyone who
lives in cohousing would say that their kitchen and dining room are the only
facilities they absolutely could not do without in their common house. If
the common house only has room for a dining room, it would be a good idea
for it to be convertible for other uses, but it is really a sine qua non of
cohousing IMHO--and I'll bet others will agree.

Joani
jeblank [at] hooked.net