political discussions
From: Mark Q. Maxham (maxatg.apple.com)
Date: Wed, 20 Dec 1995 15:14:49 -0600
Todd Samusson writes:

> I have to say that I find the dialogue on class, prosperity, affordability,
> etc. to be a very practical, real-world discussion. It never hurts to have
> your assumptions or your priorities questioned.

My point is that this is a cohousing discussion list, not a political
philosophy mailing list.  When I want to talk about such things, I read
those other lists.  We're here on the coho list because we're interested in
community housing, whatever our political/philosophical bent.  I'm not
saying we shouldn't discuss politics or philosophy as it applies to coho,
but arguing about Marxist class theory and does not seem, to me,
appropriate.  You have to draw the line somewhere.  I might want to bring
my cat to my hypothetical coho, but I'm not going to start a flea collar
discussion because this group isn't rec.pets.cats.

So let's talk about building communities!  :-)

max, still looking for coho on the SF peninsula