renting before sale
From: Judy (BAXTERepivax.epi.umn.edu)
Date: Fri, 22 Dec 1995 12:38:06 -0600
Dear Friends -
I must admit, I barely read this list anymore -- too busy with legal documents,
a closing this afternoon as one of the residents of the Mansion sells their
shares in the coop and gets ready to buy their new townhous, working on
financing, etc.

So I may have missed this, but . . . we are starting to advertize our one
unsold (un-membered as I would say) townhouse (condo financing,  BTW) for rent
until someone is ready to join the community and buy it.  Has anyone else done
this?  Any words of wisdom?  The renters may be people trying us out (we hope)
or just people wanting to live there for a while.  They will know we will be
showing it and hoping to sell - 6 months lease, re-negotiation after.

FYI - try renting at Monterey Cohousing Community - $1090/mo + utilities.
Mike Malone's previous post recently gave the details .
The townhouse has 1375 sqft, three bedrooms, 1 1/2 baths and a tuck-
under garage(2 cars). The townhouse faces onto the outdoor common area. Six
other townhouse and eight apartment style units in a 1920's mansion
comprise the rest of the community. Plus amazing common living room, den,
kitchen and dining rooms, other common space in the Mansion.

Do you know anylikely candidates in the Twin Cities?

Judy Baxter, Monterey Cohousing Community, (MoCoCo)
-- Twin Cities Area, Minneapolis/St.Paul Minnesota
-- e-mail:      baxter [at] epivax.epi.umn.edu
-- Resident of the "mansion"- the 1st 8 homes in a rehab Georgian building built
as a retirment home in 1924 - developing 15 new legal condos - look like
townhomes, on the property
---The 1st 7 new townhouses are due to finish in December - 6 are spoken for.
call our voicemail: