RE: Kids in cohousing
From: Rob Sandelin (Exchange) (RobsanExchange.MICROSOFT.com)
Date: Thu, 4 Jan 1996 16:21:24 -0600
Gadd....Parents and their kids... Stop me before I tell another....
The other day my four year old was feeling bored with her family so went
over to Stephana's house, a 60 year old grandmother type.  Stephana had
several errands to do and she invited Helen along (asking mom first). They
went to the prison where Stephana volunteers, to the library, to the cash
machine, etc.  Stephana was delighted to have the company of a four year old
and Helen got several interesting expereinces she would not have had just
staying at home. Yesterday she went to the lumber yard with uncle Tony, a
resident carpenter (who is not her real uncle but she calls him that) and
she suprised me at dinner with a whole commentary about lumber.  Today she
went to the art museum with yet another neighbor.  There is a certain
serendipty to all these travels, and of course everyone benefits.
Rob Sandelin
Sharingwood
Where the kids get out more than the adults do