HOA Budgets
From: Zpaiss (Zpaissaol.com)
Date: Fri, 5 Jan 1996 14:16:02 -0600
Greetings Everyone,

On Jan 2 Rob Sandelin posted the HOA budget for Sharingwood in Washington and
I notice something that I can't let slip by. RESERVES!!!!

I don't know if it a federal law, but in Colorado a wopping 40% of home owner
dues are required to be set aside for replacement.  This includes common
house painting, roofing, replacement for the large capital equipment like
stoves, heating equipment and carpets, pedestrian walkways, and in our case
the exterior maintenance of the homes (which are legally owned by the home
owners association).

Our dues here at Nyland in Colorado range from $104 - $160 depending on a
variety of factors ranging from size of home, number of residents, square
footage of finished space and exterior square footage.

Hope everyone is enjoying their winter.  We just got dumped on with several
feet of new powder in the mountains!

Zev