RE: HOA Budgets
From: Rob Sandelin (Exchange) (RobsanExchange.MICROSOFT.com)
Date: Fri, 5 Jan 1996 15:04:07 -0600
Reserves are determined by states condo act.  Since Sharingwood is an
airspace condo, the act specifies we are not required to create a reserve
fund, since in our ownership model there may be no "common" element for the
group to have to hold reserves for.  A small advantage for single family
dwellings.  Of course we do have common elements, including a commonhouse
and road which will someday need repair.  In our state, other forms of
condos do have reserve requirements.
We actually have an assessments reserve equal to two months worth of
assessments, but this is to cover in case someone does not pay their
assessment rather than for replacement of anything.
Rob Sandelin
Sharingwood
  • HOA Budgets Zpaiss, January 5 1996
    • RE: HOA Budgets Rob Sandelin (Exchange), January 5 1996