demographics - kids, olders
From: Claudia Weisburd (74447.1120compuserve.com)
Date: Tue, 9 Jan 1996 09:28:32 -0600
Apropos of the questions re: kids - has anyone done and reported a demographic
survey of co-housers?  If so, could you tell me where to find it?  If not, I'd
like to start a mini-one.  If anyone would be willing to answer a few questions,
I'd be grateful - and I think it would be useful for us all to have some stats
on who is moving into co-housing.

How big is your group?
How many households have kids (under 18)?
How many households have one or more people over 55?
How many households are made up of 'retired' people over 55?
How many households are single women?
How many households are single men?

If you're willing to continue with more detail:

How many households have kids 0 - 12 years old?
How many households have kids 13 - 18?
The five oldest members of your group are what age?  Male or female?  In what
household configuration (single, couple, with children)?

And here's an essay question:
Do you think that co-housing is more attractive to women than to men?  What was
the mix of male/female in your founding group?  Were men or women most active,
or was it fairly balanced?  (I am involved with EcoVillage in Ithaca, where
women were the founders, and single women outnumber single men)

If all this info is someplace else, I apologize for taking your time.
Thanks.

Claudia