Re: Including People With Disabilities?
From: Cbwhy (Cbwhyaol.com)
Date: Sat, 13 Jan 1996 12:41:48 -0600
Bob Jones asks
Do any cohousing communities have experience with including members with
severe disabilities?
Bob- our group does not have this experience yet, but this though did come up
when we were recently reviewing our mission statement. The statement was that
we intend to have
"the physical layout serve the changing needs of its members as they move
through life."  We looked at how this statement might be interpreted as a
call to make the entire community accessible to different disabilities. We
all agreed we stand committed to the changes and variations life presents. We
don't really know what this may mean down the line, but we're open to the
possibilities.
Corey
Formerly Broward Commons currently going through paperwork for a name change
to Synergy Cohousing.