RE: demographics - kids, olders
From: Nitsan Vardi (eminvunidhp.uni-c.dk)
Date: Fri, 19 Jan 1996 08:29:34 -0600
How big is your group?
        about 100 persons in 38 households
How many households have kids (under 18)?
        17
How many households have one or more people over 55?
        15
How many households are made up of 'retired' people over 55?
        2
How many households are single women?
        8
How many households are single men?
        3
How many households have kids 0 - 12 years old?
        10
How many households have kids 13 - 18?
        12
The five oldest members of your group are what age?  Male or female?  In what
household configuration (single, couple, with children)?
        2 oldest: married couple 70+ yr.
        then a single man, a single woman, married couple - 60 - 65 yr.
And here's an essay question:
Do you think that co-housing is more attractive to women than to men?
        NO!
What was the mix of male/female in your founding group?
        1:1 - nuclear families only.The singles came (or turned single)
later on. (remember - this was 1972)

Were men or women most active, or was it fairly balanced? (I am involved
with EcoVillage in Ithaca, where women were the founders, and single
women outnumber single men)
        I wasn't there, but the records (and the current activity levels)
indicate a balance.
                                                ___ __
Nitsan Vardi                                  \   \   \ \   \   \/  \  \
Saettedammen, Denmark                              \   \ \   \  _\    __\
e-mail: eminv [at] unidhp.uni-c.dk                                 \