Fwd: Re: Voluntary Simplicity Subscription Info
From: Mmariner (Mmarineraol.com)
Date: Tue, 23 Jan 1996 11:12:46 -0600
I was glad to hear several cohousing folks were interested in the list server
about "voluntary simplicity."  A healthy trend, I'd say.  So, I finally found
the instructions for getting to the VS list -- attached below.

There's a lot of interesting, thoughtful, heartful discussion on the VS list,
but I'll warn you there are also a few bozos and some occasional strident BS.
 But when your  "BS detector" rings, just activate your "bozo filter" and hit
your delete key when you see a bozo's name in the "from" line.

There is, I feel, a powerful intersection between voluntary simplicity and
cohousing.  Living cooperatively can be a significant way to downscale
consumerism.

I'd also like to put in a heartfelt, uncompensated plug the Context
Institute's quarterly hard copy magazine,  In Context, "a journal of hope,
sustainability and change."  I've subscribed for a few years.  Although I
discontinued many mags I used to get as not worth the ecological cost of the
paper, I kept "In Context" because there's a lot of hopeful wisdom in each
issue and the information ages well.  Each issue has a theme that is covered
by many authors from many different aspects.  The editors and publishers are
hip to cohousing and intentional communities -- they live/have lived at
Winslow Cohousing on Bainbridge Island across the sound from Seattle.

Address:  PO Box 11470,
Bainbridge Island, WA 98110

Web site:  http://www.context.org
E-mail ci [at] context.org