Teal Co-op seeks a new housemate (Somerville, MA)
From: Fred H Olson WB0YQM (fholsonmaroon.tc.umn.edu)
Date: Thu, 25 Jan 1996 12:09:25 -0600
HOUSE [at] BLOOM.HARVARD.EDU  is the author of the message below but due
to a listserv problem it was posted by the COHOUSING-L sysop (Fred).
****************  FORWARDED MESSAGE FOLLOWS *********************

Greetings!

Teal is an eight-member cooperative household near Teele Square in Somerville,
close to Tufts and the Davis Square T.  We are looking for a NEW HOUSEMATE!
Les/bi/straight are all welcome.  We are a community-minded and close-knit
co-op:  friendly, diverse, creative, semi-vegetarian and non-smoking.
We are in a big blue house on a quiet side street, and we have a
   Huge eat-in kitchen, which is perfect for our regular
      Biweekly potluck/folksings (& occasional Irish sessions), when the
         Dishwasher comes in handy, as well as the
            Bright & airy living room adjoining the
               Common library/study/art room  for
                 Music after supper.
Porches on both 1st & 2nd floors are
  Lovely to eat upon in summer, and overlook a
    Great back yard shaded by a giant
       Norway maple (bearing swing & hammock) and having numerous
         Gardens containing lots of vegetables & herbs & raspberries and
           Flowers like astilbe & anemone, bridalveil & bleeding heart,
             Crocus, canna, & cleome, daffodil & daylily, English ivy,
               Forsythia, forget-me-not, & frittilaria, Glory-of-the-snow,
                 Hyacinth & hollyhock, iris & impatiens, Japanese barberry,
                   Lilacs, lamium & lady's mantle, marigolds & morning glory,
                     Nasturtium & narcissus, orchids & ornithogallum,
                       Peonies & primroses, roses climbing up the porch,
                         Scotch broom, spiderflower, snapdragon & snowdrop,
                           Tiger lily & tulip, violet & vinca, windflower,
                             Yellow sorrel, zinnia, and a three-bin
                               Compost pile to nourish it all!
One of the largest rooms in our house will be available
  Any time from 1 February to the first of March.  This room has
    Three windows for lots of light & air, and is
      The rent for one person is $315 plus food and utilities and
        We recently insulated the house so the latter are lowered.
          It's a rather large room, and we might also consider a couple
            (including at least one woman).
Other fine attributes include:
   Laundry facilities and a well-appointed woodshop in the basement.
     Garage providing ground-level bike storage, a must!
        Wood floors throughout the house, except for
          Tile in the kitchen and in the (count 'em)
            Three bathrooms, two with tub & shower and one with a
              Great big bathtub for those long comfy soaks.
                 Much of the house has been recently renovated.
                   A wonderful & friendly cat named Liekkissa lives with us.
                      Multiple phone lines include one for real live
                        Internet access right here at home.
                          On and off-street parking are available.
                             Our phone number is (617)628-8089; our collective
                                Email is house [at] ossian.harvard.edu so do
                                  Get in touch if you are interested!