Re: Summer Vacation Exchanges
From: Debbie Behrens (debbehauto-trol.com)
Date: Tue, 30 Jan 1996 19:54:40 -0600
> From cohousing-l [at] uci.com Tue Jan 30 13:09:33 1996
> From: MelaSilva [at] aol.com
> Subject: Summer Vacation Exchanges

> In the past year, members of our community have gone to Mexico, Ireland,
> China, Russia, Germany, England, India. Travel inside the states has been
> even more extensive. The one thing we have in common is - we like to go see
> other places!
> Since we first formed our group we have had visions of doing vacation
> exchanges.( I come stay at your home while at the same time you come stay at
> mine.) With the internet the arrangements would be greatly simplified. Many
> of us want very much to visit other cohousing communities, but also want to
> visit everything an area has to offer. If you think this is a good idea, and
> you would be willing to be the point person for your community, please drop
> me a note.

There's a group called 'Friendship Force' that exchanges home visits around
the world, but I don't have any information about them other than their name.
I gather that it works something like: a group of families in some town/city
in Peru hosts a group of families from Chicago (primarily, but others can
join), and then sometime later, a group of families primarily from Peru
might visit a group of families in Stockholm, etc, etc.
It's not a one-for-one swap, you get to meet your hosts,
instead of going to their home while they're at yours.

                            ~___~
                            (0 0)
 |  Debbie Behrens                              debbeh [at] auto-trol.com |
 |  Highline Crossing CoHousing                      W (303)252-2215 |
 |   1611 W. Canal Ct Littleton CO 80120             Fx(303)252-2249 |
 |  Rocky Mountain Cohousing Assn                    H (303)797-7779 |
 |      All opinions expressed are mine, and do not necessarily      |
 |   reflect the opinions of Highline Crossing or RMCA in general.   |