RE: House Rules. Archived anywhere?
From: Rob Sandelin (Exchange) (RobsanExchange.MICROSOFT.com)
Date: Thu, 7 Mar 1996 11:11:10 -0600
The Puget Sound Cohousing Association, in conjunction with the Northwest
Intentional Communities Association, has created a library of regional
groups documents.  Legal documents, like bylaws, articles of
incorporation and condo association documents are defined by state laws,
and thus, in my opinion, it is best to get those sorts of things
locally. That's why these local umbrella organizations have put together
this library.

There are lots of other documents however which apply anywhere,
including as Joani suggests house rules, vision statements, group
process documents, etc.
I have a fair collection of this stuff from conferences and asking
around. Bruce Coldham suggested once that a bright person could boil
down most bylaws into a set of programming questions which would then be
useful everywhere.

I would LOVE to donate what I have to a web site. Difficulty is, except
for Sharingwood documents, what I have is PAPER.  Would need some sort
of scan capacity to put on the web, and of course, then our beloved
web-master Stu would have to agree to add these to the cohousing web.
If you are interested in pulling together a legal and other document
chunk on the cohousing web site  send me mail privately. Let me know
what you have to share, and/or what technical capacity you can offer.
The ideal world would be a central collator (me or someone else) sends
all the collected stuff to a scan volunteer, then that person sends the
ASCI to a couple other volunteers who make web pages out if, who then
send it to Stu to add to the Cohousing site.

 I will donate paper copies of what I have (after getting permissions
from the groups to do so) to the web site. I suspect we will need
someone to volunteer who can scan and convert to ascii and mail to stu,
or another web head, either disk or email. (There may also be a NW
communities page up soon which could host such a thing....)

General Note: I do not send documents from the PSCA library to groups
outside WA or OR, sorry - I don't have the bandwidth to support anybody
else. Too much copying and mailing in my life already.

Rob