Fwd: LIVING AND DYING IN COMMUNITY
From: Zpaiss (Zpaissaol.com)
Date: Sat, 13 Apr 1996 13:23:07 -0500
---------------------
Forwarded message:
Subj:    LIVING AND DYING IN COMMUNITY -SPRING 1996 COHOUSING JOURNAL
Date:    96-04-11 21:45:55 EDT
From:    ShelterTec
To:      Zpaiss

Dear Zev,

Thank you for a sensitive and thoughtful article about a very important
matter.

A potential member of Westwood asked about this two weeks ago. She wanted to
know about how members would feel about her dying at home? We will probably
explore that question, in the light of your story about Charles McIntosh and
the context my own diagnosis of probably uncurable prostate cancer.

I have always encouraged awareness of the life-cycle of both houses and
occupants. Would like to see a discussion thread about social, spiritual,
financial, and physical means by which CoHousing (people and environment) may
support us in time of decline and death, as well as during joy and dance. Its
all part of the practice.

 I see your article, and this note,  as pieces of that thread. Perhaps the
Cohousing Network would be a place for the discussion. What do you think
 about our posting this message, and whatever reply you care to make, to the
Discussion List?

Peace,

Bill Fleming