revisiting decisions
From: Marci Malinowycz (SoDancemsn.com)
Date: Fri, 17 May 1996 13:03:06 -0500
Here's a discussion topic for the list: How do your groups handle revisiting
decisions?

I'm not talking about those decisions that are made during development and
must be held to in order to move forward (site location, design, and so on),
but rather the ongoing decisions that arise when living together in commuity.

How much time, if any, must pass? Given that, as time goes on, a community's
members come and go, eventually the original participatants in a decision are
gone, and eventually a decision is open to reconsideration. How much time,
though?

What has to happen for a concern to be brought up again? What is the process
for reintroducing a topic? In a brief search of the archives, I've seen
references to an appeal process, implying an established channel for
immediately revisiting a decision. What if there is new information, or a new
mix of members, such that the conditions of the original decision are no
longer the same?

Do you have written guidelines for dealing with past decisions? If so, are
copies available?

Your stories of your experiences are appreciated.

--  Marci Malinowycz
    Puget Ridge Cohousing, Seattle
    206-763-2623 SoDance [at] msn.com