Kitchen/CH budgeting
From: RAYGASSER (RAYGASSERdelphi.com)
Date: Sat, 18 May 1996 20:31:49 -0500
We'll hopefully start building our Common House in a couple of weeks,
and are working on finding kitchen equipment and furnishings now. Our
Kitchen Committee has done a great job of trying to figure out what we need
and where to find it cheap.

What have some of you others had for Kitchen Equuipment budgets? And, if
possible, What specific equipment was most important (and how much did you
spend?)

How about for furnishing the dining area?

And incidentals, like Pots/Pans, silverware, dishes/glasses?

We'll have 30 households, and probably about 60 at most meals. We're looking
at used commercial stoves, sinks, etc (haven't yet decided if a used
commercial dishwasher is worth the potential for break-down).

I just got back from checking out our site, and all 30 houses are
foundated (how's that for a good made up word?) and decked, with about 6
having 2-story framing & outside walls. What a kick this is!!! Now all we
need is a few weeks without the rains we've been having.....

Ray Gasser
EcoVillage at Ithaca
raygasser [at] delphi.com