Re: Eco-Survey
From: Buzz Burrell (72253.2101CompuServe.COM)
Date: Mon, 3 Jun 1996 08:59:58 -0500
According to my calculations, I scored a "16". on the survey.  Upon moving into
our Geneva Community, I estimate a "19", based upon our current Agreements, etc.
The gain is mostly due to the increased amount of sharing.  A lower score will
also occur in some catagories, because our property is located in a rural area,
which almost ensures that cars will be needed at all times.

This was, and still is, a source of disapointment, as living near where one
works, plays, and goes to school is clearly preferable.  However, we looked and
looked in BOulder and did not find, and then looked and quickly found a nice
piece of rural land.  The upside is gardens, nature, quiet, and self-generated
power.  The downside is a marriage to cars.

The survey certainly could have included many more things (such as how you build
your home), but it is worthwhile to use these things as tools for self
examination.  Plus, I always liked taking tests.

Buzz Burrell
Boulder, CO