Newly Merged "Sustainable Communities" List
From: Tom Nelson Scott (vedacsd.uwm.edu)
Date: Tue, 4 Jun 1996 08:38:41 -0500
On Tue, 4 Jun 1996 Mmariner [at] aol.com wrote:

> If Coho-L doesn't provide you with enough email traffic and you're interested
> in Eco-villages and sustainability in general, SUSTAIN-L and the Ecovillage
> List have recently combined into ECOBALANCE.  Diverse topics being discussed
> include diverse building materials, status of various ecovillages, various
> aspects of land stewardship, etc.

I'll second that recommendation: From my perspective as coho-l lurker
and ecobalance participant, it appears that coho-l aims more at the
practical/people issues, ecobalance at the theoretical/technical
issues. Both are indispensable to our work as sustainable community
developers.

Case in point: I've seen a few messages on coho-l re the Miami
planning group's desire to be a model of sustainable development. That
drops them right into the ecobalance realm. Conversely: The
telecenters, CSA organic farms and other amenities discussed on
ecobalance appear to be most succeassful when developed as co-owned
facilities.

So if you haven't already subscribed to ecobalance, come lurk for
awhile or jump right into the discussion. We'll all benefit from the
interaction.

Tom Nelson Scott                  Phone/Fax: 1-414-966-2902
[company name]                    Business email: scotty [at] veda-home.com
W330 N8357 West Shore Drive       Academic email: veda [at] csd.uwm.edu
Hartland WI 53029-9732            Academic web: http://www.uwm.edu/~veda
                     "Do less, accomplish more."