RE: Eco-Survey: car trusts
From: Rob Sandelin (Exchange) (RobsanExchange.MICROSOFT.com)
Date: Wed, 5 Jun 1996 11:44:50 -0500
One opportunity which presents itself to community is the notion of
co-owning cars or even corportately owning cars, trucks, vans, etc. Many
families own two cars, but do not need a second car all the time and
thus a corporate car pool would met their needs. I know of 3-4
intentional communities which are set up this way, but yet to see any
cohousing groups try this. Perhaps because of the private ownership of
our homes we are unable to imagine co-owning a car.

I have not been able to interest any of my neighbors in this idea
either, although eco attitudes at Sharingwood are rather low in general
any way. However, a community that bases itself around eco principles I
would think would have good success with this notion.

Rob