Re: RE Diversity
From: Michael Omogrosso (omodarkwing.uoregon.edu)
Date: Mon, 17 Jun 1996 11:25:16 -0500
Oh Buzz, I forgot to read the flame thrower directions printed on the
handle--CHECK FOR SARCASM BEFORE PULLING TRIGGER.  Perhaps someday we'll
have a healing hug.

Please reference the part of my flame which talks of comminality of heart
and soul.  I am as WASPy as can be from a heritage perspective, yet I was
invited to be the trombonist in a black R&B band in mid seventies in LA.
Could I fit in?  You bet, because I Had desire and commitment.

Embracig Diversity need not be done out of asense of guilt, but rather
out of a sense of love would be much more harmonic, no?

If you wish to break the cycle of yuppie, find a way to self subsidize
low income cohouser (rent-to-own perhaps), and out reach into the
minority communities near you.

trigger happy in white Eugene,Oregon--Om Dude

Michael Omogrosso
East Blair Housing Cooperative
864 W. 4th Ave. #3, Eugene, Oregon 97402, USA
omo [at] darkwing.uoregon.edu    541-344-8444
photographer, community land trust advocate