Re: COHOUSING-L digest 38
From: Tony G. Rocco (tgrlanminds.com)
Date: Wed, 19 Jun 1996 18:18:33 -0500
I apologize to everyone on the cohousing list for my
dissimulation posing as a wealthy yuppie interested
in cohousing. I make no excuses for what I did and
realize that it was dishonest. But I did it for an honest
purpose: to provoke a debate that would expose the
openly ideological nature of some cohousing
enthusiasts in order to better help me decide if living
in a cohousing arrangement was for me. If I hadn't
been a bit in a fit of pique at the time, and hadn't had
a couple beers while trolling online, I met never have
done it, but I did and now the truth is out.

In real life, I am a down to earth character, a tech
writer, as I mentioned in an earlier post, and a hard
working soul who is, yes, trying to get ahead in life,
among other things. I don't have a Mercedes or an
expensive wine collection, although I won't rule out
acquiring these in due course.

My interest in cohousing stems from a desire to build
community and live with people. It has no political
ideology to it, particularly. In fact, I am now
endeavoring to start a small cooperative household
in San Francisco, if anyone around here is interested
in joining.

Again, sorry for the "charade." It served a purpose,
however unseemly it might have been. I won't do
anything like it again, I promise.

Sincerely,

Tony G. Rocco