Re: Bringing in new people
From: Michael Omogrosso (omodarkwing.uoregon.edu)
Date: Tue, 23 Jul 1996 15:44:07 -0500
On Tue, 23 Jul 1996, Rob Sandelin (Exchange) wrote:

> So as new people move into your groups, what sorts of things do people
> do to orient new folks to your community? Do you have new member
> orientation at all or do people just move in and figure it out?  If you
> have a formal packet, what's in it?

We have a buddy system where a vollunteer take sthe new member around to
visit, makes sure they know about meetings and get to attend each
committe meeting.  There , then, is someone familiar to ask questions
of.  We do feel, though, there needs to be a more formal process and are
working on packets  to supplament our proceedures manual and perhas some
training session.

Michael Omogrosso
East Blair Housing Cooperative
864 W. 4th Ave. #3, Eugene, Oregon 97402, USA
omo [at] darkwing.uoregon.edu    541-344-8444
photographer, community land trust advocate

  • Bringing in new people Rob Sandelin (Exchange), July 23 1996
    • Re: Bringing in new people Michael Omogrosso, July 23 1996