by-laws resources
From: Stephanie Fassnacht (fassnachssc.wisc.edu)
Date: Mon, 29 Jul 1996 12:09:29 -0500
Porchlight has reached the stage of needing to formulate by-laws.  We
have decided to try to do as much of the work as possible ourselves,
so that when we *do* involve a lawyer, there will be a good foundation
to work from.

I have browsed the cohousing-l archives, but have not found a whole
lot - and, some of the contact information seems to be outdated.  What
we would like are sample legal documents from other groups.  I know
that much of what is required for by-laws is state-specific, but there
must also be quite a lot that can be generalized.

If any group is willing to share their by-laws with us, I would
appreciate your letting me know how the documents are best
transmitted/sent, and how much it will cost.  Alternatively, if anyone
knows where there might be a collection of these documents, please
point me in the right direction.

Many thanks,
Stephanie Fassnacht
Porchlight Cohousing