Lot Premiums
From: Zpaiss (Zpaissaol.com)
Date: Wed, 31 Jul 1996 13:32:31 -0600 (MDT)
Dear Harriet,

You wrote:
We would like to know if any other projects have had differential pricing
for units based on individual unit location  or other factors.

I have been involved with several groups that have addressed this issue.
 What you are referring to is described as "Lot Premiums" in the development
world.  The process I suggest is to have the group discuss the pros and con's
of differnt locations on your site.  You will find that people's values will
vary so where for someone being close to the common house is a benifit for
others it may just as easily be considered a negative.

However, you will probably discover that there are a few thing you can all
agree on such as closness to a road, views, having an end unit, solar access
(or lack of), closness to open space or the ability (or lack of) expanding
your home at a later date.  A short conversation with a local residential
appraisor can help give you some idea that may actually be refelected in the
home's value.

Hope this helps,

Zev Paiss
Nyland CoHousing where we drasticly underused the benifits of this concept