Cohousing Group Forming (again!) in Newton, MA
From: Brian Schuth (bjsworld.std.com)
Date: Wed, 31 Jul 1996 18:48:30 -0600 (MDT)
Cohousing Group Forming (again!) in Newton, MA

Newton Cohousing is commited to bring cohousing to Newton, Massachusetts.
A couple of false starts have left us with a loose network
of interested households, and now we think we might be on to the real
thing.

WE HAVE LOCATED A DEVELOPER INTERESTED IN BUILDING COHOUSING. We
are in the very earliest stages of planning, but we can say the following:

* The developer controls a promising, well-located site in Newtonville
and possibly other sites in Newton;
* The cohousing community would be a new development;
* It would consist of approximately 12-20 units, 1-4 bedrooms each.

We are now beginning to work towards forming a strong group; we are very
interested in hearing from anyone who might want cohousing in the Newton area.
If you think you are interested in Newton cohousing, we'd love to hear from
you. Given the number of people on  vacation in August, we are planning our
first meetings for early September.

For more information, please contact Barbara Berney, at
bberney [at] world.std.com; myself, Brian Schuth, at bjs [at] world.std.com; or
my
wife Alice at avs [at] world.std.com.

Brian Schuth
bjs [at] world.std.com